Life /līf/, noun
1. The gift into which a person is inadvertently born and thereafter must pay back its price by spending it to death.
2. An entity of paradox in which its members experience either a curse within a blessing, or a blessing within a curse.
Why are we here?
We are here do die.
Of life. Death is merely a threshold-point, a border between two grounds; they are one and the same. Live too little and you are dead, live too much and you are dead. Life is only the finite playground within the infinite field which surrounds it, which is Death, the vaster land beyond.
What does this mean?
It means the thing we call a life is just a break from death. When playtime is over we must return home to infinite sleep.
to think that mankind
was so dim as to oppress
those lovely boobies.
the feline mind is
fuelled by death, enslaving
with their cute chains.
commonly mistaken as
a loving companion, run.
A liquid mourning stains Jane’s troubled cheek –
In sullen globules soaked with burning rage
The Heavens bleed simpatico, upon the glass.
Pain is the only way for Jane, to discern
The hollowness of her own being. She feigns
Reality, and its turbulent twist on her soul’s
Quaking pistons, which…
your eyes conducted
such desire i think you just
floating adrift the
hazy waves in the space which
my brain percolates.
in the chasms of
this hollow world there grows a
most enchanting fruit.
Hello sweethearts and beautiful souls. I know I haven’t been here in AAAGES (I will mostly be at my new blog Sisyphean Loop by the way) but please also check out my housemate Copunicus i will be happy if you do :)
The weight of hunger brings man to his knees,
With lusting thoughts of apple-laden trays.
His greed is shadowed by the patient gaze
Of reticulated poise and astral seas,
Which shimmer under high sun in Belize.
Kaleidoscopic charms snare any strays,
Enticed and mystified, her…
Percy Herberts was a pioneer of the birdwatching world, and had tracked down every single bird in the world – all except one. Now he stood within reach, astride the tip of a small exploration vessel that bounced through tropical waters towards Jampea Mountain, where Percy was to conclude his…
Prowling the azure gales, and stalking the beryl dales,
Their bulkheads carve through cerulean space
Emitting a sonic sentience, which does displace
The shoals which flee this pod of orca whales.
No ray nor squid, nor marlin lined with mighty sails
Dare breach the baleen’s driven pace.
if you liked my writing, please follow my housemate
I’ll be posting there a lot.
I’ll be posting there a lot.
Types of dilemmas
Colorful names have been given to many types of dilemmas.
- Double bind: conflicting requirements ensure that the victim will automatically be wrong.
- Ethical dilemma: a choice between moral imperatives.
- Extortion: the choice between paying the extortionist and suffering an unpleasant action.
- Fairness dilemmas: when groups are faced with making decisions about how to share their resources, rewards, or payoffs
- Hobson’s choice: a choice between something and nothing; “take it or leave it”.
- Morton’s fork: choices yield equivalent, often undesirable, results.
- Prisoner’s dilemma: An inability to coordinate makes cooperation difficult and defection tempting.
- Samaritan’s dilemma: the choice between providing charity, improving another’s condition, and withholding it, preventing them from becoming dependent.
- Sophie’s choice: a choice between two persons or things that will result in the death or destruction of the person or thing not chosen.
- Zugzwang: One must move and incur harm when one would prefer to make no move (esp. in chess).
Why These Things Piss Me The Fuck Off
- Women were not-even-so-subtly made to feel ashamed of being skinny in fifties’ advertisements, and offered ways to gain weight to be sexy. Now women are made to feel ashamed of being fat, and offered ways to lose weight to be sexy. The fact that there are trends as to how much one should weigh and that it is basically encouraged in propaganda makes me sick to my stomach.
- Who are you to define the word sexy? People are attracted to all sorts of shapes and sizes. Sexy does not need to be a flat stomach. Sexy does not need to be curvy hips. Sexy is the confidence you have in yourself, because you know no matter how you look, you look good.
- It is definitely not ok to go around slamming other people for being thin, or for being curvy, especially since it makes it seem like you feel bad for the other team and are rooting for them out of pity. Skinny people don’t need to be defended. Curvy people don’t need to be defended. The fact that either one is being degraded or celebrated is just sad.
- Quit trying to put a definition on what’s attractive, because there is no one definition.
COMMENTARY GETS ALL THE WINS
The fact that ‘When did this …Become hotter than this’ pre-supposes the fact that the former images of women ARE actually ‘hotter’, as though protesting a FACT (exactly who decided that anyone is hotter?). To make such a statement taking for granted that one type of ‘body’ is hotter completely FAILS to promote body-acceptance and perpetuates the very same imaginary ideal which this image complains about in the first place. This is just the other side of the bitching. Nobody wins, everybody fights, and we actually wonder why body-positivity is so lacking today! Hmm….
I agree with all of the above commentary, especially with the statement made by thanatesque: “To make such a statement taking for granted that one type of ‘body’ is hotter completely FAILS to promote body-acceptance and perpetuates the very same imaginary ideal which this image complains about in the first place. “
Oh dear Lord shut the fuck up all of you. Someone who reblogged this most likely believes the women of the bottom panel are more attractive. BELIEVE. As in OPINION. Lord, you people sometimes.
Positing an imaginary fact as an accurate one is clearly presumptuous, i.e false and delusionary, which is VERY different from just belief or opinion which, even if ‘controversial’, is understood to be a subjective and personal thing. This image is clearly ‘personal’ but attempts to know what the objective facts are. So. It’s just wrong.